Even though I’m not quite determined to make the switch to my Fall wardrobe, transitioning through color accents, like burgundy, makes me feel like summer will linger just a little longer. Let’s face it, before we know it, sandals get replaced by boots and your winter clothes slowly creep in.
Instead of always reaching for black, adding a bit of this dark sultry red, which is the “IT” color yet again this season, will make for a fun start to Fall. Whether you’re splurging on a designer piece or making a statement using your Maxxinista account, these “burgundy” ideas will be sure to fit every budget.
Here are some great ideas for your Fall wardrobe and accents for the home. If you’re wondering what colors would work well with burgundy, try paring grey and brushed brass for your interiors. As for clothing, think of burgundy as navy: it’s a deep rich palette that can stand alone or go with any other colors, from neutrals to jewel tones.
1. Acne Studio Wool Wrap – $380
2. Jimmy Choo Ankle Boot – $980
3. Lonely Bralette – $74
4. Thierry Larsy Sun Glasses – $510
5. Farrow and Ball Brinjal Paint
6. Bete Noir Queen Bete Lipstick – $40
7. Rachel Zoe Dress – $395
8. Elise Suede D’Orsay Pump – $268
9. Theory Oakland Woll Cashmere Coat – $795
10. Oomph Billy Bar – $2095
11. Saint Laurent Pocket Book – $585
12. Le Creuset Cerise Round Dutch Oven – $360
13. JCrew Colorblock crewneck – $98
14. JCrew Collection Leather Leggins – $495
15. Zara Velevt Sneakers – $39.90