This year, we decided to take our winter vacation somewhere warm. While packing for Mexico, I realized that I should share with you my tips on what to wear on a plane when traveling to and from a cold to warm climate.
I have seen a lot of people on planes wearing sweats, old sneakers and sweatshirts. I know these items of clothing have a place and purpose, perhaps bumming around the house when you have the flu, or maybe taking a quick jog to the dog park to walk your furry friend. But I honestly don’t understand this trend of looking like a ‘hobo’ while traveling. Unless of course you are a hobo, in which case I’d be happy to make some stylish suggestions for your ‘on-the road’ lifestyle.
I like to feel put together! Having an outfit that looks good and compliments you, will instantly make you feel good.
I opted for white cropped Gap jeans, white linen tank from Majestic Tees, white sneakers from Maje, a black cropped merino turtleneck, and a patterned blazer from Giorgio Armani. In my large neutral bag from MZ Wallace (which I bought from Walin and Wolff), I packed a shawl and a pair of socks. I plan to use the bag as my beach bag as well. I wore a black lace bra under my white tank for a little fun peek-a-boo look, but a plain neutral tee-shirt bra would be perfect too.
Voila the tropical version of my travel outfit at our Mexico destination. All I did was to take off the warm layers and reveal what I had underneath.
Take a look in your closet, I’m certain you can find a similar variation to my suggestions below. These outfits will keep you looking fresh and stylish without freezing before take-off or sweating after landing at your tropical destination.
1. and 2. I like to start with the basics. I always wear a tank, usually white. I also go for cropped white jeans, or a thin light color boyfriend jeans. You can roll them if you’re really hot. The best advise to a plane wardrobe is layering. If I expect an overnight flight, I bring a pair of leggings.
3. Neutral color or light color layering sweater. Go for something thin with a cashmere or merino blend, it will keep you warm if needed.
4. Sunnies: Well these are an obvious whether you are in a cold or warm climate. But I think aviators are a great and versatile option.
5. A roomy bag that can double as a beach bag if needed. Large enough to fit a magazine, your electronics and some snacks.
6. Slip on sneakers or loafers. While it may be glamorous to wear a little heel on the plane, it’s not as much fun traversing a terminal in a rush wearing heels. I always go for flats, but something stylish like a pretty sneaker or a cute loafer. Wear a pair of no-show socks so that when you go through security you don’t have to walk barefoot.
7. A scarf that is large enough to maybe wear as little blanket is always an added bonus. It can get a little chilly on planes and since airlines have long nixed pillows and blankets, having your own will be essential.
8. A cropped jacket or an oversized cardigan to layer and the perfect item to have in warmer climates for cooler evenings.
Thank you for following me and for all your support. Stay tuned for a lot more fun topics and interesting postings. Check out my Facebook and Instagram feeds.