As my husband rolled over and wished me a “Happy 40th, my love”, I realized that I will feel perpetually 39. It’s not that I’m afraid of aging, it’s just that I really don’t feel any older. And that’s ok!
Every birthday, I reflect on the year past and make new goals for the year ahead. Marking a new decade is very different, as I contemplate the last 39 years of my life. I have outgrown my experimental phase of the 20’s and somehow I seem to have found the fast forward button on my 30’s. They were magnificent years in which a lot of maturing and grooming went on.
So while there may be many things to list that define the past three decades of my life, here are a few key points that I have learned to accept.
· Wrinkles sneak up on you
· Real girlfriends and a bottle of vino are priceless
· Going to bed at 10 is the new norm
· You stop caring about what people think
· Being a role model for your children is a big deal
· It’s never too late to start your own business
· Love is the answer to everything
· I’m still madly in love with my husband
· Volunteer once in a while…it feels good
· Your metabolism slows down
· Exercising is essential
· Eat well and drink tons of water
· Take one hour a day just for yourself
· Stop hoarding and simplify your life
· Quit your bad habits…today
· Give compliments to your friends and even to strangers
· Enjoy your husband and go away on a sexy trip
· Get pampered
· Go abroad and visit a place you’ve always wanted to
· Accept the fact that you can’t see the menu without glasses
· A good hair stylist is important
· Fitting into a dress from your early 30’s is an amazing feeling
· Setting goals and sticking to them is important
· Your husband is your best friend
· Getting over a hangover now takes you 3 days
· Being yourself is so much easier
· Taking up new hobbies is a must
· Be present and spend time with your family
· BE HAPPY!!!
· BE GRATEFUL!
· 40 is not that old!
Thank you all so much for your support. Starting my own personal styling business was just a dream a couple of years ago and I’m happy to start a new decade doing what I love to do.
Have you turned 40? What would you add to this list? Leave me a comment!